Monday, November 2, 2009

Shamans Wand


So in the museum I found this Tlingit shamans wand. I had trouble finding an object I wanted to focus on throughout this semester but after seeing this one and hearing about the spiritual link shamans have between nature and man, I was pretty excited. It wasn't so much the object that grabbed me but the people who use this object. I wanted to learn more and hear more stories about these intense people. This particular wand was gathered in the early 1900's. There are bear heads on each end, which could have represented the spiritual animal the shaman was linked to. Thats the cool thing about these people and their culture is that everything can tell a story, or carries some sort of meaning to it, or represent them in some way. I plan on sharing what I think is so exciting about shamans, their culture, and the way these people work throughout this blog and feel free to leave comments and let me know what you would like to know or even what you think.

1 comment:

  1. its a cool wand, they are a link between eartly vibrations, spirit and the other rhelms. they connect you to your ancestors and to historys lost. i make sharmanic wands- usaly channeled through, they are nothing like the wands on crystal sites, very raw and not refined by man every thing is in its natural state. so thanks this is the first i have seen that is simalar- allthough the wandsthat come through me remind me of more native indian have great year

    ReplyDelete